Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What to do with all of that zucchini from the garden

Ok, admittedly I don't actually have a garden. But lots of people I know have one. And they keep bringing me zucchini. Lots of it. I'm not really the biggest fan of zucchini but I thought, "hey, maybe I'll cook up something healthy with lots of flavor and will enjoy it." So that's exactly what I did. And not only that but I added legumes to make it a meal and not just a vegetable side dish. My inspiration came from http://www.wheatfreemeatfree.com/ but I tweaked the recipe a bit. Want to make it a complete protein meal, just add your favorite grain like rice or quinoa.

Here it is:
Zucchini and sage dinner
serves 4

3 medium zucchini, sliced and cut in half
5 cloves of garlic
4 Tbsp of chopped fresh sage
2 cans of cannelini beans
1 lemon, zest only
3 Tbsp olive oil

Heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the zucchini until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sage, heat for another minute. Last, add the lemon zest and the beans and heat for another 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

I also was craving some lemonade so I decided to make my own. Since I only used the zest of the lemon, I squeezed half of the lemon juice into a glass and added ice and water with a few drops of liquid stevia to sweeten it.

No comments:

Post a Comment